The most successful people of our time, have one thing in common: they wake up early! Why? It’s the best time to get things done.
The evening is no time for work – you need to relax, spend time with family or engage in the hobbies you enjoy.
This simple morning checklist will help you be fit and ready for a productive day.
- Make your bed. This is the easiest and most productive task you can do to start your morning. Making your bed will give you a sense of achievement and have you ready for the next task.
- Have fruit juice ready. Many people will go for the coffee, but fruit juice has natural sugars and vitamins/minerals ready to provide you with stimulant-free energy – perfect for those who always feel wired and crash from coffee in the afternoon.
- Go for a walk. Exercise is not just important for weight loss. Going for a morning walk can also help to kickstart your metabolism and have you ready to roll when it comes to energy for the day – plus the walk will align your posture and better your mood.
- Eat something. Fasting can be a beneficial way to lose weight, but it’s no way to show up to work. Having food that is high in complex carbohydrates and protein is essential to your energy production for the day. Hands down, the best food for breakfast is oatmeal.
- Drink water before work. Becoming dehydrated at work is an easy way to ruin your productivity. Drinking a glass of water prior to work is a great way to hydrate for the day.
- Throw some snacks into your bag. Hunger can make you cranky – something none of your coworkers want to experience. Do yourself a favor and bring some snacks for the day.
- Create daily targets. Creating simple daily targets that are obtainable before the end of the day is a great way to stay in touch with your goals. Keep in mind that these daily targets can also align with your weekly and monthly objectives and key results.
Whether you’re looking for a way to increase your quality of work or you’re one of the select few who is always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, ensuring you start your day off on the right foot is essential to your success.